Wednesday 21 April 2010

Man blubbing

Just finished One Day by David Nicholls. See the post below for a bit more info on it, but just wanted to put on electronic record that no book has ever made me as emotional as a certain part of this did. I literally yelped with shock.

I checked out the Amazon reviews to make sure I hadn't gone completely mad. The majority agree with me, but as ever there are some haters. My favourite was this pearl from Master Shake (possibly not his real name), whose primary thoughts after ploughing through 400 pages of warmth and brilliance were:
"The period detail is also really problematic. Dexter presents a show called Game On in the mid-90s? when there was a sitcom of the exact same title running at the same time?...some of the clothing and actions of the main characters also seem very oddly placed."
This country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment