Sunday 1 August 2010

If it ain't broke...

Once upon a time a man had a blog.  Not being notably technologically savvy, he nicked the template from the blog of a friend.   It looked ok after he supplemented it with a nice picture for the header and he was perfectly happy with it for a while.

But after a few months he got bored with the template. There were too many columns and it looked all blocky and square.  So in a burst of activity he ditched the old template and installed a new one.

And then this happened.



Honestly, blog fans, it's been a real pain in the bum.  No one seems to like the new look, every time I change something another part breaks, and I can't stop fiddling with it.

Today started well. I found a picture of a lovely monkey for the header and, after much swearing and fiddling around in Paint (the premier editing software of the Jurassic era), managed to install it.  Then I noticed that although it's fine in Firefox, the new header appears for a few seconds in Internet Explorer before disappearing.

So if you read this on IE and are wondering what's going on, it isn't subliminal ape propoganda.  I don't know why it's happening or how to fix it.  If you do, please let me know.

1 comments:

Webby said...

Are you saying my blog is all blocky and square? Shame.

Post a Comment